- Spanier PA, Marshall SJ, Faulkner GE. Tackling the obesity pandemic: a call for sedentary behaviour research. Can J Public Health. 2006;97(3):255-257.
- Gomersall SR, Maher C, English C, et al. Testing the activitystat hypothesis: a randomised controlled trial. BMC Public Health. 2016;16:900.
- Ravn AM, Gregersen NT, Christensen R, et al. Thermic effect of a meal and appetite in adults: an individual participant data meta-analysis of meal-test trials. Food Nutr Res. 2013;57.
- Stob NR, Bell C, van Baak MA, et al. Thermic effect of food and beta-adrenergic thermogenic responsiveness in habitually exercising and sedentary healthy adult humans. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2007;103(2):616-622.
- Zahorska-Markiewicz B. Thermic effect of food and exercise in obesity. Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1980;44(3):231-235.
- de Jonge L, Bray GA. The thermic effect of food and obesity: a critical review. Obesity research. 1997;5(6):622-631.
- Tappy L. Thermic effect of food and sympathetic nervous system activity in humans. Reprod Nutr Dev. 1996;36(4):391-397.
- Segal KR, Gutin B, Nyman AM, et al. Thermic effect of food at rest, during exercise, and after exercise in lean and obese men of similar body weight. The Journal of clinical investigation. 1985;76(3):1107-1112.
- Tai MM, Castillo TP, Pi-Sunyer FX. Thermic effect of food during each phase of the menstrual cycle. The American journal of clinical nutrition. 1997;66(5):1110-1115.
- Segal KR, Presta E, Gutin B. Thermic effect of food during graded exercise in normal weight and obese men. The American journal of clinical nutrition. 1984;40(5):995-1000.
- Binns A, Gray M, Di Brezzo R. Thermic effect of food, exercise, and total energy expenditure in active females. J Sci Med Sport. 2015;18(2):204-208.
- Segal KR, Gutin B, Albu J, et al. Thermic effects of food and exercise in lean and obese men of similar lean body mass. The American journal of physiology. 1987;252(1 Pt 1):E110-117.
- Segal KR, Gutin B. Thermic effects of food and exercise in lean and obese women. Metabolism. 1983;32(6):581-589.
- Porter J, Nguo K, Collins J, et al. Total energy expenditure measured using doubly labeled water compared with estimated energy requirements in older adults (≥65 y): analysis of primary data. The American journal of clinical nutrition. 2019;110(6):1353-1361.
- Koepp GA, Manohar CU, McCrady-Spitzer SK, et al. Treadmill desks: A 1-year prospective trial. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2013;21(4):705-711.
- Bergman F, Wahlstrom V, Stomby A, et al. Treadmill workstations in office workers who are overweight or obese: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet Public Health. 2018;3(11):e523-e535.
- Koepp GA, Moore G, Levine JA. An Under-the-Table Leg-Movement Apparatus and Changes in Energy Expenditure. Front Physiol. 2017;8:318.
- Josaphat KJ, Kugathasan TA, R ERR, et al. Use of Active Workstations in Individuals with Overweight or Obesity: A Systematic Review. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2019;27(3):362-379.
- Donahoo WT, Levine JA, Melanson EL. Variability in energy expenditure and its components. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2004;7(6):599-605.
- Silva AM, Judice PB, Carraca EV, et al. What is the effect of diet and/or exercise interventions on behavioural compensation in non-exercise physical activity and related energy expenditure of free-living adults? A systematic review. Br J Nutr. 2018;119(12):1327-1345.
- Mackie P, Weerasekara I, Crowfoot G, et al. What is the effect of interrupting prolonged sitting with frequent bouts of physical activity or standing on first or recurrent stroke risk factors? A scoping review. PLoS One. 2019;14(6):e0217981.
- Pegington M, French DP, Harvie MN. Why young women gain weight: A narrative review of influencing factors and possible solutions. Obesity reviews : an official journal of the International Association for the Study of Obesity. 2020.
- Blaxter K. Energy Metabolism in animals and man: Cambridge University Press 1989.
- Kinney JM, Tucker HN. Energy Metabolism: Tissue Determinants and Cellular Corollaries: Raven 1991.
- Nutrition and Metabolism: Underlying Mechanisms and Clinical Consequences: Humana Totowa, NJ 2009.
26. A Time for Metabolism and Hormones: Springer Cham 2016.